Comment on page
Notes from a heads-up meeting on 21/10
Present: Ben, Manon & Dries
- Heatmap is finished and will move to data.bikedataproject.org
- Heatmap with all rides
- Heatmap will all cyclists
- Statistics tiles for the whole world are finished - needs to be checked one last time
- Put statistics tiles in production
- Update data map page and make it more user-friendly
- Heatmap and overview map should go full-screen to data.bikedataproject.org
- Idea: image on data page + link to full screen data map
- Next step: graph with contributions per day/month/year or per region
- [funding needed] User accounts: in order to give personal feedback + keep cyclists involved
- Towards the future: adding timeline to the heatmap
- Set up new servers for the BDP
- Funding for 2021: partnering up with cycling NGOs and cities that want to improve their cycling infrastructure
- Document data model on wiki / github
- Add new button on homepage for GPX files
Presentation cycling commission
- Add slide with use case of the open data
- To improve infrastructure
- To make cyclists visible with open data
- Include cyclists in study / project
-> Communicate about the project and data dive Data Dive event planning 13/10
- Data to be published
- Counter idea: generate a data set with # cyclists per road segment
- Origin destination matrix
- Statistics & heatmap
- Matchmaking cyclists paths <-> roads
- Statistics about usage of different types of roads.
- Statistics about per time of day.
- High-potential datasets
- Average waiting time at the traffic lights
- Weather data and usage.
- Statistics about usage per type of weather?
- What datasets are the most interesting
- What are other interesting open data sources
- Crowdsource other open datasets on our awesome wiki!
- Provide the data in one large zip file